Learn how to polish your picture book manuscript before submitting to an agent or editor.
You’ve drafted your picture book, what’s the next step? Learn to revise and polish your picture book manuscript before submitting to an agent or publisher. A widely published author and an acclaimed illustrator will lead discussions in pacing, page turns, storyboarding, and visually dramatic storytelling. During this hands-on workshop, writers will be editing their own manuscripts and enhancing their skills as picture book creators. Bring your questions and two double-spaced copies of a picture-book manuscript that you’ve revised. Workshop may most benefit those who have taken Writing Picture Books or another picture book class.
In-person class: This workshop will take place at The Writer’s Center, 4508 Walsh St, Bethesda MD.
In this workshop you’ll:
- Consider pacing and page turns
- Explore storyboarding and visually dramatic storytelling
- Learn self-editing skills
- No additional time required outside of class.
- No required materials.
Who should take this workshop?
- This workshop is designed for those interested in revising/polishing a picture book manuscript and learning how to pace a story and consider visual possibilities.
If you need an accommodation for this workshop, please contact us at email@example.com. We will attempt to fulfill all requests, but advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility services.