Learn how to approach revision strategically.
You know that writing is rewriting, but you’ve combed over your manuscript so many times and it’s still not working. Do you give up? Start again? Submit to agents and hope they’ll see a diamond in the rough? What you need is a revision plan. In this workshop, you’ll learn to evaluate your manuscript with an editor’s eye, craft a summary of what is (and isn’t) working, and develop a step-by-step plan for revision. The process you learn in this workshop can be used for any draft, and any novel, giving you the tools you need to approach revision strategically throughout your writing career.
In-person class: This workshop will take place at 4508 Walsh St, Bethesda MD.
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- The difference between story level and page level revision
- How to evaluate your manuscript
- Brainstorm fixes
- How to create a revision action plan
- Students should expect to spend 2-3 hours outside of class between sessions.
- All reading materials will be provided.
Who should take this workshop?
- This workshop is for writers who have completed a full draft of a novel, but feel stuck or overwhelmed by the revision process.
If you need an accommodation for this workshop, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt to fulfill all requests, but advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility services.