Take your writing to the next level!
Take your writing to the next level in this series of topic-specific workshops designed to drill deeper into the finer points of story telling: memoir, journaling, characterization, dialogue, and research. In addition, you’ll learn how to overcome writer’s block whether you’re a planner, or if you write by the seat of your pants. By the end of the sessions, you’ll have the skills, confidence and strategies to take your writing to a professional level. Each day will include short writing assignments, plus the opportunity to have your work critiqued.
Live video conference: This workshop will be held via our online video conferencing platform, Zoom. You can view brief tutorials on using the platform here. On the start date or the day before, participants will receive an email with login info (please check your spam if you don’t see it).
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- How to tap into their creative subconscious to access the “write-what-you-know” details of their lives that will inform their writing
- Gain practical skills for igniting their curiosity
- Get out of their comfort zones and into the lives of people of other genders, cultures, and ages
- Gain practical rewriting, proof-reading, and copy editing skills that will add depth, texture, detail, and professionalism to their manuscript.
- There will be an opportunity to share your writing in class/ but the amount of time you use outside of class to write is up to you.
- Any reading materials will be provided.
Who should take this workshop?
- This class is for people who have already begun a writing project but who might feel “stuck.”
If you need an accommodation for this workshop, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt to fulfill all requests, but advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility services.