Explore different ways to structure a novel, memoir, or non-fiction book through exercises and examples.
In just two sessions we’ll explore different ways to structure a novel, memoir, or non-fiction book, through exercises and examples. Starting with your idea, you’ll learn about different and divergent ways to both generate and organize all those ideas! You’ll leave with a plan and a scaffold for your book. Great for folks considering NANOWRIMO.
Live video conference: This workshop will be held via our online video conferencing platform, Zoom. You can view brief tutorials on using the platform here. On the start date or the day before, participants will receive an email with login info (please check your spam if you don’t see it).
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- How different types of books are organized
- How to do multiple POVs or braided narratives
- How to generate and organize your ideas
- How to build a scaffold that works for YOU and YOUR BRAIN
- Approximately 2 hours outside of class.
- All reading materials will be provided.
Who should take this workshop?
- Anyone about to start writing a book, fiction or nonfiction, or folx who have started but need help organizing, and of course folx about to start NANOWRIMO.
If you need an accommodation for this workshop, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt to fulfill all requests, but advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility services.