Learn to use improvisational technique as a tool for writing.
Improvisation puts you directly into the action and heart of the moment. Allow your creative genius to ‘script’ on the spot, in a judgement-free zone. Surprise yourself! You will learn to use Improvisational technique as a tool for writing. Prompts will be given to spark memories, characters, and places, turning them into poems, scenes and stories. During ‘UnClogging’ you will likely come up with an ‘idea’ that you feel compelled to expand on, or perhaps be re-inspired to continue an unfinished work later. Find new perspective and confidence!
In-person class: This workshop will take place at The Writer’s Center, 4508 Walsh St, Bethesda MD.
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- The tool of saying ‘Yes’
- Perspective taking
- Create Empathic Elements (in descriptions, moments and character)
- Discover your truth
- Trust — rather than judge — yourself
- No additional time required outside of class.
- All reading materials will be provided.
Who should take this workshop?
- Do you feel that you limit yourself, can’t finish or share your work, by being your own worst critic? Do you want to become more creatively flexible, free yourself up, make bloopers that may end up being brilliant? Then this is for you!
If you need an accommodation for this workshop, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt to fulfill all requests, but advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility services.